So by now, most of you probably have a playlist comprised of the music that will be on heavy rotation for any event this summer. Songs that range from hip hop, to r&b, to reggae, to afrobeats, etc. While the summer is still young (technically it doesn’t start until next weekend), there are a few albums that have come out over the past few months that will definitely get me moving this summer…
Leven Kali, Low Tide
- Perfect music to ride out to on a beautiful summer day. All the windows rolled down, music blaring at ignorant levels…
Megan Thee Stallion, Fever
- Only for the girls who plan on having a true “Hot Girl Summer”
Beyonce, Homecoming, The Live Album
- Because if this shit doesn’t wake you up in the morning, I don’t know what will!
Ari Lennox, Shea Butter Baby
- This album is necessary after a long day at work. Take a nice hot bath, kick your feet up, drink some wine, call your summer fling, etc..
Tyler, The Creator, Igor
- Simply because this album is great and it deserved to be at number 1 on the charts (yes, that was shade)
Tell me what’s on your summer playlist so far!!